Thursday, April 15, 2010

"I"

I wrote this my JR year in High School as a classroom assignment in which we were to talk about ourselves as an introduction to the other classmates. I had my favorite English teacher, Mrs. Calahan read it for me. Cheesy, I know, I was only 17. She was amused though. And another student named, Dinorah, I think, asked me for a copy. That was very flattering.

Short in height, broad in mind,

Mute in pain, often one to deny,

Presently housed with one, not two

Brother and Sister to keep the Gods a ‘smile.

One to love the glorious splendor of the

Aidenn high above my puny self;

To love the splendid sorcery of music

Which rests within my self;

And, to love the plentiful stacks and rows of literature

Which rest upon my shelf.

This and all, yet furthermore….

I am one who feels the shocking pulses of a gothic sight

Why, of all, I am only mortal.

One who feels the soothing pleasures of none other than a tender kiss

Be it known, I am normal.

One who feels the sharp sickle swung at I by the evil hands of flaming peers,

None other than typical loiters.

This and all, yet furthermore….

I need,

Water, as a camel needs his;

Feathers as a bird needs his;

Love, as a thirsty Aphrodite needs hers.

I fear,

Fish in the sky, frantically swimming as they cry;

Birds in the water, flying not in the style of an otter;

A window with no frame only to guide in the rain;

A desert seeking sand;

A beach luring land.

This be it my Bugbear.

I am one, who gives,

A dog its bath, but not its path;

A mare its name, but not the fear that to some it is so lame

This and all, yet furthermore….

If within my own commanding swish,

See it that of the maker himself

And he would be it my only wish.

This and all, and further none….

No comments:

Post a Comment